Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Friiiiidaaaay!!!!

And what a glorious Friday it has been, too!

I cannot turn on my old laptop at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? To get my files out. Please don't suggest throwing it out; I've already thought of that. I need to get my files out somehow.


BUT. I have a new toy! The Sony Vaio CS316! In red! Isn't she pretty?!?
No, I'm not using her just yet, because I don't have the password for the wireless internet just yet, and I'm not going to bug the Dadman for it. He just said he'll get it for me tomorrow, so it's all good.

I was at the store, and I was looking at the display pieces. I couldn't decide between the sweet pink one and the "noble brown" one. The brown one would have matched my camera, but the pink one was oh so sweet.

The lovely (and rather cute) staff who was assisting me said he'll check if the red is in stock. Meanwhile, I'm still standing there feeling torn between the pink and brown. He comes back, saying "OMG we like TOTALLY have the red in stock! And I'll show it to ya mmmkay?"
Well...ok, maybe not quite in those words.
So he brings out a box, and pulls out a laptop...and...and...

Love at first sight.

Plus, I got the carry case (also red!) and a bluetooth mouse (red!) and a 4gig thumbdrive (not red.) thrown in as well! Oh, and an upgrade to 4gb ram! For free!

*sighs happily*

Helped that salesguy was kinda cute too. I know his name, and I know where he works. *crafty smile*

As if I hadn't spent enough money, I then proceeded to complete one item on my list.
66. Buy a diamond ring for myself.

It's pretty. I like it. Even TehTarik knew immediately, when she looked at a few rings I'd picked out, that this was the one I'd decided on. It had, according to her, my name written all over it!


Today I give thanks for:
The person who invented cup noodles.
Yes, sounds like a lame thing to be thankful for, but cup noodles have saved me from going hungry many many times.


Happy moments of the day:
- chocolate chip cookies. I had quite a few today. Nom nom nom!

- laughing with my colleague

- shopping with TehTarik

- getting a nice pretty LBD

- setting my eyes on Red, and falling in love.  TehTarik saw my reaction and knew immediately that I'd lost my heart to it

- completing #66 on my list.


--

Tomorrow, I work in the morning. Get a manicure after work. And go for my colleague's son's wedding dinner in the evening.




Life, my friends, might be what happens when you're busy making other plans...

but every day, in every way, it's getting better and better.

No comments: