Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

WTF USA

Watched the US Election results today while I was at work.

I felt sick to my stomach watching it.

I had to take a painkiller because I felt the onset of a migraine.
(ETA: I later found out that Shoes got a headache too).

What an absolute shitshow of an election.

To make matters worse, I've discovered people around me who...well, who would've voted for the Donald if they could vote. Being anti-HC is one thing...but they were actually supporting some of the ideologies of the Donald. Which makes me sick.

The only thing that manage to make the day a little better was that Doof is in town, and we met up for drinks.

I'm not sure what exactly made it better: Doof, or the G&Ts.


i think it was more the G&Ts. Mmmm.


Went to the Esplanade after, where we said hi to Bella, had another drink and three different desserts, all while enjoying the spectacular view.




It helped to momentarily forget the absolute shitshow that was this year's election. But I have the privilege of being able to forget about it, no matter how temporarily. My heart goes out to those who don't quite have that luxury.


We really are living in interesting times.

No comments: