Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Cursed Pact

Unbelievably, I've had my copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for ages now. I'd actually started reading it, but for some reason, I just could not get into it. Perhaps if I saw it on stage?

The stage performance in London is fully booked well into next year, in case anyone's wondering.

Anyway. Nekowife hasn't finished reading it either, so we pretty much made a pact that we'd both finish reading it by the middle of the month.

Which leaves me a week to finish it. It really shouldn't be a problem. I enjoy reading, and I'm a quick reader.

Thing is, I've just been so not into reading lately. I'm in the middle of several books, and I have tons just lying around waiting to be read.

The only downside to not having a commute any more is that I don't have my commute-read now. It really was the best time to catch up on my reading.

I guess this means that I just have to go on a beach holiday soon - the last beach weekend I went on, I pretty much read a novel a day.

It's such a shame too. I love this universe, and I've missed it so very much. I think it's just getting used to the post-HP series? After all, I was one of the subscribers to EWE aka "Epilogue? What Epilogue?" Now give me a Marauders-era story any day. Pre-series stories are my weakness.

Which reminds me. Fantastic Beasts opens next week! I wonder who I should go with...hell, I'll just go alone. Judging from the trailer, Eddie Redmayne looks like he makes a good Newt Scamander.
I'm looking forward to that!


But first...I really gotta get round to reading that cursed screenplay.

No comments: