Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

Something Strange

Oh, what a lovely evening it was!

It started off really hectic - Ma needed to go to the dentist, so I brought her and BabyGirl across to the dental clinic about half past ten in the morning. However, they said they were fully booked, and walk-ins would have to wait for a few hours at least. Went to a different dental clinic, where they were also pretty busy, but they could free up a 3pm slot. I took that slot, but we went to a different dental clinic, just to check. Turns out that door number 3 was also busy, and it looked kinda dodgy as well, so we ended up just having breakfast, and going home to rest.

Oh, and the rain was super heavy today! Bro came home so he could bring Mum for the afternoon appointment - I had an appointment of my own to keep.

Yesterday was Kay's birthday (omg, she's 16. She's so old. I cannot), and we'd made movie plans for today. She'd already seen Doctor Strange, but she did say she'd like to see it again. So off we went to watch it.

It was amazing! Benadryl Cumbersome really blew me away with his acting and the visuals were just incredible. I generally can't watch 3D movies because of 1) glasses, and 2) migraines, and boy oh boy, there is NO way I could have gotten through this one in 3D. This one would definitely have induced both nausea and migraine. I'm feeling somewhat nauseated just thinking about it!

It is SO much fun hanging out with Kay. I enjoy our conversations and banter so much, and there's nothing like watching a geek movie with a fellow geek.

After the movie, we both grabbed Starbucks (yay, Sbux Xmas drinks!) and meandered about while talking about Supernatural. I'm so thrilled to finally have a RL friend who's into the same shows I am! We were just geeking out for a while, and talking about the show and the characters.

Before we grabbed coffees though, Kay had asked if there was a stationery store anywhere around, and there was. So after we finished our coffees, we took a break from geek talk for a while to...uhm...nerd out a bit more. About pens and notebooks.

Ended up buying a couple pens and a small sketchbook for her, and four pens for myself.

Mmm, new stationery makes me happy.

Which reminds me, I mentioned that I got my 2017 planner - the 2016 yearly planner is the first one that I've had, that I've actually used to the end of the year! - but I'd gotten too distracted with the Harry Potter pretty to post a picture of my new planner.


yes, I've already started writing in it

So anyway. Back to Kay and nerding out.

As we made our way to an easier Uber pick-up point, we started talking about Supernatural again. We were talking about the character Lucifer, and which Lucifer was our favourite.

(spoiler alert for those who haven't actually seen it - but if you haven't seen it by now, you prolly never will - Lucifer was played by three different actors who are all part of the main cast)

So there we were, walking across the road, and I was talking about Lucifer in my normal speaking voice (read: loud). Kay shushes me because...look, we were talking about the devil in public - Supernatural fans probably get really weird looks from people when they talk about the show.

Me being me, of course, I just started going on and on about how much I love Lucifer, I can't decide which Lucifer is the best, how good-looking Lucifer is, yadda yadda. Kay tried speeding up slightly and was all "I don't know you!" to which I just slung an arm around her shoulders and continued talking until we both just cracked up.

And here's an awww moment - Kay then admitted that she'd missed me.

Altogether now: Awwwww!!!!!

And I'd really missed her too. Is it weird that I enjoy hanging out with someone half my age so much? Then again, some of the people I enjoy hanging out with are more than twice my age, so I guess age really is just a number.

I'll prolly drop by some time next week to pass her my Harry Potter books. She wants to read them! Oh, this makes my geeky little heart so very happy.

I don't know if I should envy her or pity her, for not having to suffer through the years of waiting for the next book to come out. I mean, she won't have to suffer the agony...but I made such good friends and read such good fic in the interim!

Hmm, I should start pulling up the fandom classics for her to read too.



...wow, I'm a nerd.

No comments: