Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: A Year In Review



Yoinked this meme from Neko, who posted it on her LJ.


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I voted!

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions. I did Mission 101, or the Day Zero Project, and my 101st day was in September. I took a hiatus from it in 2009, due to illness in the family, but looking over it now, I realise that I've completed several of the items, and have done so much more to boot.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! TehTarik gave birth to a gorgeous little boy, my sis gave birth to an even more gorgeous boy, who is now my Godson. And even though we're not close now, so it doesn't really count, TW has a girl.
Did I miss anyone?

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I do know a couple people who passed away, and we were closely related, but sadly, we weren't close.

5. What countries did you visit?
The UK and France. To be more precise, the two cities of London and Paris.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Wouldn't mind having a kitchen of my own!

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
None in particular, really. I have such good memories of this year, but can't remember any particular date.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I became a godmother. Not quite an "achievement"; but definitely the greatest honour.
I grew closer to family, I made new friends. I travelled alone.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Failure?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Isn't OCD a mental illness? Several bruises, far too many papercuts, and the occasional case of the sniffles.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I have to pick one? I guess my Macbook; I use it almost every day, and I love it. Oh, and my 3 terabyte hard drive. Ugh, I think I'm turning into a geek.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I don't think I've ever celebrated behaviour...

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I'd rather not say, but it's pretty much the same person that I complain about all the time!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Ugh. Taxis. Stupid, bad habit. Oh, and food. And travel, which I don't regret at all!


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Trip to London!

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2011?
The soundtrack to Les Misérables.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. Happier or sadder? Definitely happier.
2. Thinner or fatter? Fatter. Ugh.
3. Richer or poorer? Richer! Which also means more money to spend on food, thus making me happier and fatter!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Binging on cookies and jaffa cakes.

20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Spent it with family and friends, as always, and had a brilliant time. Too much food, lots of alcohol, loads of fun.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
People talk on the phone? To other people?

22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Stayed in love. Started moving on.

23. How many one night stands in this last year?
I don't kiss and tell!

24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Too many to mention! I was hooked on:
Criminal Minds, White Collar, Suits, Sherlock (BBC), The Walking Dead, QI...the list goes on.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
"Hate" is such a strong word...

26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I guess I didn't read any great books this year. Nothing that I felt was blogworthy, at least.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jeez, I don't know. I know I did discover a few bands that I've come to love, which is always good.

28. What did you want and get?
A KitchenAid! A MacBook!

29. What did you want and not get?
ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Oh, and my driver's licence.

30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Didn't really watch any films this year...

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out for drinks with Bar Boozer and Shoes and Tink, and had a brilliant evening.
How old? I hit the big Three-Oh!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Ahahahahahahahaha me and fashion. I wear what needs the least effort.

34. What kept you sane?
'Sane' is such a subjective notion.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ooh. Where do I even begin? Benedict Cumberbatch and Matt Bomer are the most beautiful, that's for sure.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The "Elections".

37. Who did you miss?
Hey, moving on, remember?

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Best new person? They're all brilliant!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
That the easiest way to let go, is to simply let go.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
I don't remember lyrics.

No comments: