Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Woke up much later than I'd planned, which left me very little time to do all I needed to do.

Rushed to the shops for ingredients, and made my way home to start on brownies. Such an easy recipe, but what delicious brownies! Plus, I got to use my Baker's Edge® All-Edge Brownie Pan for the first time. What a great brownie pan! It really makes me want to bake so much more!

Also made Rice Krispies Treats, which are easy and quick, and everyone loves them.

Reason for my sudden baking spree? Picnic in the park, of course.
Went to see the Scottish play down at Fort Canning Park today with Missty and her mates.  (Everyone loved the brownies, yay!)
It was a pretty good production, all in all. It was a great set and the space was used really well, the lights were pretty well done, the sound was pretty good for an outdoor venue.

The acting though...the acting left much to be desired, I think. It doesn't help that I know the play really well, having read it for my GCE "O" Levels, and that I've seen other productions. Lady M is such a powerful character, and the actress playing her just wasn't of the calibre that Lady M deserves.
I usually love Adrian Pang in all his roles, but I do think that Shakespeare isn't quite his forte. He just didn't quite bring out the raving madman that Maccers had become by the end.

Verdict: It was a great way to spend an evening, but I was left with a vague sense of disappointment.

Got home, and the Ks were over (sans kids). Gave them some brownies (I made so many that we couldn't finish them all), and they loved them. When Foodie!BIL says they were good, it's high praise indeed!


I think I'll watch me an episode of QI before turning in. I just hope I can fall asleep, seeing as how I woke up so late today.


"Sleep no more! Macbeth does murder sleep!"

No comments: