Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sunrise, Sunset

My brother booked out today, since tomorrow's a public holiday, and he's booking in tomorrow evening.
He just got home, and he's wearing his army uniform.
At the risk of sounding vaguely incestuous, he looks so gorgeous in his uniform! And then he took off his uniform top, and he was wearing his tank top, and he's all phoar! His girlfriend better be careful, my bro's grown up to be quite the hottie!

Seriously though. Perhaps I'm just biased, but I think my brother is gorgeous (well, of course I do. We share the same genes, and I'm gorgeous too. Just not in an army uniform.) However, I just never quite got why girls go gaga over men in uniform. Looking at my bro today, I think I finally kinda get it. It's almost as if overnight, my baby brother became a man.

All his bodybuilding and weightlifting didn't quite give him that look, but today...it finally hit me.

My baby brother is all grown up. That little boy who wanted his big sister to cuddle him to sleep. That adorable kid who would lie down on my lap when we watched telly.
My gorgeous, adorable baby brother has grown up.

And I will confess to having had to blink back a few tears.

No comments: