Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Love at First Sip

I was complaining to Shoes today about how much I was jonesing for bread and naan and prata and chocolate of all kind, and she commented that my posting about food for the past few days doesn't help at all.

She's right, of course. Which is why I'm not going to talk about food at all today.

Instead, I'm going to talk about one of my favourite beverages, that is just perfect for Christmas.

Anyone who knows me knows that I simply adore Baileys. Baileys on the rocks has to be one of the simplest and loveliest nightcaps ever. I love Baileys over ice cream, Baileys flavoured ice cream, Baileys in cupcakes, Baileys frosting. Oh, the ways I love Baileys could fill a book!

There are dozens of lovely Baileys recipes over at their website, so do take a look.

But here's a drink that is simply to DIE for.

Behold, the beauty that is the Mint Baileys Chocolate Martini.*



aka Orgasm in a Glass


Stumbled across it one day, decided to try it, fell head over heels. I did make a couple substitutions though. I didn't use Smirnoff, I only had Absolut. I didn't have Godiva Milk Chocolate Liquer (but oh my GAWD, how decadent does that sound?!), so I used Vermeer Dutch.  It's a fair amount of work, but the end result? Pure paradise.

Totally worth the effort, I give it an A+ will make again.


*by way of Garnish Bar



1 comment:

shoesthatfit said...

Mmmm ... sounds like i might need a cigarette after :P

and what's up w you and mint this xmas?