Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mmmmmmint!

Stayed up late last night, for the niece and nephews popped over at about half ten, and didn't leave until much later. Had a blast with them, of course, but it just meant that I was well knackered this morning.

Work on a Saturday? Groan.

Work on a rainy Saturday? Groan groan.

What made it all better? Listening to Christmas songs all morning. It really put me in a great mood and made the morning just zoom by.

Picked up baking ingredients after that, so I can start on some of my baking. There are still a few things that I can't find, so I can't do everything just yet.

Christmas is in the air!

And I know I've already shared one of my favourite recipes with you, but I'm in a really generous mood, and it IS Christmas, so have yourself a merry little Christmas...and enjoy some homemade peppermint bark.

So easy, so delicious.


Ingredients
340g white or dark chocolate chips
5 regular sized candy canes
1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract




Directions
  1. Break up candy canes into little pieces.
  2. Melt the chocolate.
  3. Add the peppermint extract and stir.
  4. Pour the melted chocolate out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and spread.
  5. Sprinkle the candy cane pieces on to the chocolate; gently press them in.
  6. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until hardened. 
  7. Break into pieces and serve.


No comments: