Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A New Day is Rising

What a gorgeous day! The sky is so clear, the sun is shining, the water is calm. Everyone seems to be happy too; QAM wondered out loud if everyone's in a good mood because of the lovely weather. At 7:30 in the morning, everyone, even the Chief, had a smile on their face.

I love days like this. I'm also so thankful that my office has a lovely view. It's not so bad, being stuck in the office when sunshine is streaming in. Plus, I have happy music playing, so that's always a mood-lifter.

I got into the office nice and early too. Made for a rather relaxed start to the day.

Oh, forgot to mention. Yesterday, cab fare came up to $14 and change. I hand Cabbie a fifty. He gives me coins and a fiver, then pulls out a stack of tenners for the rest of my change. He then hands me four tens. If you've been doing the maths, you'd have figured it out. Yes, I returned ten dollars to him. I hope he doesn't do that with all his passengers; he'd soon go broke!

I just looked out the window again. Oh, what a beautiful day! Even if I would prefer to be at the beach...it's a joy to work on days like this!

Sun is shining, weather is sweet;
Makes you want to move your dancing feet.
~ Bob Marley


(technically, this post took me longer than ten minutes. if i don't get a chance to blog later, i'm counting this towards wriso)

No comments: