Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hello Taiwan!












And so it continues.

I wrote the following out the old fashioned way. I used actual pen and paper!

4 November 2010; 0700hrs

What's the point in staying up all night if I'm going to end up running late anyway? Didn't even have a chance to use the bathroom, nor to grab a coffee.

Arrived at the airport after the check-in was closed. The guy at the counter made a call, and turned out that they would let me check in anyway. Problem is, I'd forgotten to print out my itinerary, so I had a minor hiccup when checking in. Thankfully, all turned out ok.

So here I am on the plane. Everyone's settling in and waiting for takeoff.

Seats are tiny! I'd forgotten how cramped the budget planes are. But at least I got a window seat; I can survive 5 hours.

First time going to Taiwan. I'm excited! Also, going to see Neko again!

Alright, Captain has started mumbling over the PA system. I suppose we're almost ready for takeoff.

Oh dear. I'm starting to feel claustrophobic already. Not good. This means it's time for a nap.

~~~

Still 4 November; 2159hrs
(back to keyboard)



First day in Taipei has been terrific! Landed about noon, Neko picked me up. After dumping my stuff at hers, the two of us and her brother went for lunch at Din Tai Fong. Noms!

Roamed around after; swung by the Sun Yat Sen Memorial. Creepy giant statue of the Doctor winked at me. I just know the rumours are true - it does get up and walk around, I just know it!

Wandered about a bit more, then went for a two hour massage. Foot massage was painful (hello pressure points!), but oh so welcome after all that traipsing around in high heeled boots.

Settling in now. Early night, because I'm knackered after not sleeping all night (with sporadic and uncomfortable naps on plane), plus rather relaxed after massage.

I think I'll head for the shower, then snuggle up in bed to watch videos. Sounds like a wonderful way to close a wonderful way, no?

And so ends Day 4.



- Posted from KiP
Location:Neko's Bed

No comments: