Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Mother's Love

There was a packet of noodles in the fridge; Mum said that if I wanted it, just go heat it up. If not, ask Bro to eat it, or throw it out because she didn't want to keep it overnight.

Bro came downstairs and I relayed the message, and suggested he heat it up and split half with me. Bro isn't stupid and knew right away that I only suggested that because I kinda wanted to eat but was too lazy to go to the kitchen and get it.

I'm sitting at my computer, when Mum slowly walks to the living room, where I am.

And she tells me to go take the noodles from the microwave; she heated it up for me.

My mum, ladies and gents. Hasn't regained the use of her left hand, walks slowly with the help of a cane, takes ages to get from the kitchen to the living room.
And she does something for me because I didn't want to get off my lazy arse.

I'm ashamed and guilty, but more than that, I'm so very touched.

No comments: