Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chugging along

3 weeks in, and I'm still going strong. Major disruption to my regular schedule, but... humans are adaptable.

And...I'm adapting.

Today, I'm thankful that I learned to read at such a young age. My love of books defined much of my childhood, and while I'm not as avid a reader as I used to be, I still love reading, and can't imagine a life without books.
Every time I teach English to a young child (my current student is 6), I'm reminded of how lucky I am. My student is really struggling with his English, and it's simply because he has a really weak foundation in the language.
At least his mum speaks decent English!


Today's happy moments:
- Boss1 telling HeadBoss that I've been a great help to the team. And that I'm beautiful.

- getting an appointment with the leaf guy

- getting a new book from the secondhand bookstore

- finally getting my hair cut. I'm not too thrilled with it, and I was pretty disgusted with the service, but I'll live. Short and curly again!

- taking off my heels after a long day

- still no blisters, thanks to miracle anti-blister stick!


Right then. Clothes are ironed for tomorrow. I'll go have a smoke and a shower, sound the horn a couple more times, and then hit the sack.

It's only Monday, but I'm knackered! I'll listen to Dad and take one brand's essence of chicken. How is it that some of my friends hate it? I love the stuff! Brand's essence of chicken is made of win!

No comments: