Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Getting Fit

As if I hadn't had enough on my plate, I had to go add one more thing to it.
I've signed up for the Yellow Ribbon 10K in September, and I'm thinking of registering for the Great Eastern one as well.

I was rather iffy about doing a 10K, especially since I haven't run in ages. I'm so prone to shin splints, because of my silly flat feet, so I'd stopped working out for a bit. Especially after I injured my knee. Got new workout and running shoes from good old Jeffrey, shoe whisperer...damn, that guy knows his stuff. Takes one look at my stance and can tell what kind of shoe I need. Asics. Always Asics. Nothing else works for me.

My new Asics workout shoes are black and pink; very stylish, I like! And they make my feet look...not so gigantic. My new running shoes are...mostly white. So very white. So very blindingly white. Took them out for the first time last night, and boy, do they feel good! Such great support; I'd forgotten how amazing it feels to run with new shoes on.

 I have my training schedule sorted. I just have to stick to it! I've already enlisted Doof as a personal coach of sorts...his job is to get my running playlist sorted, and to push me to actually go on my runs/workouts. I'd planned to run only a mile last night, start off slow and easy. Ended up running 2 miles instead, because it felt so good. I haven't hit my old runner's high yet though...that will come in time. I'm looking forward to it!
And hey, I bet once I lose a bit of fat and gain a bit of muscle, it'll just be easier to run. I'm tempted to join a gym that's in my building, but as I'm only here for about 6 months, would it be worth it? Hmm.

No comments: