Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Introvert Who Reads

I recently read a couple articles that seemed as though they were written about me. They resonated so strongly with me, and I feel the need to share.

A Girl You Should Date
Some excerpts:
"You see the weird chick sniffing the pages of an old book in a second hand book shop? That’s the reader. They can never resist smelling the pages, especially when they are yellow."

"Understand that she knows the difference between books and reality but by god, she’s going to try to make her life a little like her favorite book."

"She’ll talk as if the characters in the book are real, because for a while, they always are."




10 Myths About Introverts
This one made me so relieved to know that I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. Many a time, I force myself to put on my extrovert mask, and I go out and have a brilliant time, partying away. More often than not, these events make me feel drained and depressed. Reading this article helped me realise why I get agitated after a while in a club, or why I breathe a little easier if I have my earphones in while negotiating crowds.

No comments: