Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Acronym Attack

Had a brilliant conversation with Neko. It made my afternoon, it did!

Neko: haha, convo between me and my coworker
Neko's Coworker (NC): btw, do you know that the word laser is actually an acronym?
Neko: yup
NC: XD
Neko: Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
but to say that..my Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation pointer.
NC: nah doesn't sound as cool
Neko: my Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation ray gun.
Neko: i shoot Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation out of my eyes
hahahaha
NC: look! The cat is playing with the Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Neko shares that with me, and of course, we then get our geek on.


Ki: i knew it was an acronym, but i never remember the full thing. It's like SCUBA
what is that, self contained....underwater breathing apparatus. That sounds about right.
Neko: yeah, it's right
i'm gonna go self-contained underwater breathing apparatus diving today
Ki: Will your Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation pointer work underwater?
Neko: XD i was just gonna say that i'm gonna bring that
Ki: well, as long as you stay on the RAdio Detection And Ranging, you should be fine.
Neko: if not, i'm sure you can find me by SOund Navigation And Ranging device


Neko: now i want to find more acronyms to play with except, eh, too much work

Ki: i find myself geekily turned on by this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursive_acronym
i stopped playing because i got lost in WikiWorld.

Neko: ... hahahaha, omg, acronyms referring to itself
Ki: i know, i LOVE it
Neko is lj-ing this conversation
Ki is blogging this conversation too!