Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mouthwatering Monday

 Today started out pretty bleh. Wasn't too keen on getting out of bed, and had a tough time kickstarting myself, but I had the prospect of new episodes of QI and Walking Dead, and like I mentioned earlier today,  cheesecake brownies!

I made brownies for Shoes and family last week; I used my favourite brownie recipe, but added chopped walnuts. I'm sure Shoes wished I'd put more walnuts in. Thing is, I have a slight allergy to nuts, and I'm not fond of nuts in my brownies (hur hur), so I rarely use nuts in my cooking.

But yes, favourite brownie recipe, in my favourite brownie pan!

my Baker's Edge® All-Edge Brownie Pan

But remember, dear readers, do NOT lick the bowl and/or spatula. There are raw eggs in there!


Hello, delicious Salmonellosis!

Decided to whip up another batch of brownies today (with no nuts!), since I had all the ingredients, but this time, I added a layer of cream cheese and blueberries.

The batter was so yummy that I was tempted to eat it raw. It's a good thing Mum was in the kitchen; I might have started digging in otherwise!


fresh blueberries = healthy dessert!

Managed to resist eating the batter, and popped the pan into the oven. Half an hour later, voila!

too hot to eat, urgh


I decided that a burnt mouth wouldn't be very pleasant, so decided to be patient. The wait was well worth it! Of course, I had to be disciplined! One piece for the Mother Goddess, one for the Dadman, one for Nanny, one for Babygirl, one for Di....two for me. But I'm not eating any more tonight! Going to give some to Sis2 and her clan; gotta share the calories!


This is what discipline looks like


No comments: