Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Death by Cake

Went over to the Ks place for dinner yesterday. SisS's in-laws were in town, and they're flying off tonight, so they wanted to celebrate BIL-S's birthday. BIL-S turned 30 just two days before me, so they wanted to celebrate that. Also, Neal turns 4 next Saturday, and SisS's in-laws wanted to have a little celebration since they'll miss his birthday.

Dinner was...amazing.

Well, there were the "appetisers". They were actually meant for teatime, but we only got there past 7pm. Blueberry muffins, and chocolate cupcakes with Thomas the Tank characters on them. Of course, Neal can name all the characters!



Then...dinner. Wow.

From Mum's kitchen, we had Chicken Curry (with chillies from Mum's garden!), and Tongue Smore (how Eurasian!), and Aunty R cooked up Birthday Noodles (for longevity!), Pineapple Pickle (mmm, spicy!), and of course, which Eurasian get-together would be complete without Shepherd's Pie?



Om nom nommity nom! Of course, I had a bit of everything, and boy was I stuffed after that!

Of course...not too stuffed for cake. And it's a good thing I saved room for cake...there were, not one, not two, but THREE cakes! Yessirree, they got me a cake too!

Mine, BIL's, Neal's


Birthday present from the Ks is a classic. I burst out laughing the second I saw it.

How well they know me!


Why yes, yes I do think I can spell. Yes, I'm incurably competitive and overly confident. But no, not even I can spell all the words in this book! It's brilliant, and I have so much geek love for my sis and BIL!

Then going home, BIL-S gave me a giant bar of Toblerone. At least, he said it's for me. Turns out he told Mum, Babygirl and Bro the same thing. So 4 of us had to share. Which is just as well, really. I still have LOADS of chocolates from London!

Sunday is rest day. Gotta recover from all the food and alcohol I've consumed over the past couple days!

1 comment:

Kleppy said...

share the words! :3