Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rapturous Weekend

Went to see The Lion King with Mum yesterday, at the Sands Theatre. We left rather late, so it was a rush to get there. Thank goodness we made it on time, although I felt really bad about Mum having to hurry so much.

It was a brilliant production. Although the acting and singing were good, they didn't really blow me away. The set design was amazing, the costumes were breathtaking, and the orchestra was fantastic though, so I enjoyed myself tremendously. The most important thing is that Mum loved it, so mission accomplished!

I'll have to admit though, the theatre has a long way to go to achieve the kind of standards I'm used to, after going to the Esplanade so often. Although the foyer is quite opulent, and the theatre itself is huge and equipped with great technology, I think that the Front of House was nowhere near as professional and friendly. I did encounter one FOH personnel who was helpful and friendly, but the rest of them seemed... well, it just seemed as though they weren't trained enough. Hopefully they'll improve in time, but I was less than impressed.

We went to the food court after that. Now that place is pretty impressive, with loads of stalls. We might as well have gone to a restaurant though, for the prices of the food at the food court!

I did drop by the chocolate shop though, and picked up a couple bars for Mum and a bag of Revels for me. They're so nommy! But I've been quite disciplined lately, which means that I actually still have some more left! I just can't figure out which one I like best.

I enjoyed a wonderfully lazy Sunday today. I did bake brownies though! Half a tray for my home, quarter tray for Sister2, and the last quarter for Shoes, whom I'm seeing tomorrow.
They turned out pretty well, if I may say so myself!

It was quite amusing though. I measured out the brown and white sugar into a bowl. Then I sifted the flour and cocoa into another bowl. Then I opened the fridge to grab the butter...and realised that I didn't have enough. So I had to run to the shops to grab a block of butter, and decided to drop by my sister's place to pick up more chocolate chips. Because really, there's no such thing as too much chocolate.

Making brownies really is so fun with my Baker's Edge® All-Edge Brownie Pan. I have a ton of recipes to try out in that pan, I can barely wait.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my weekend now, whatever's left of it. What a shame the Rapture didn't really happen yesterday. It just means I'll have to go in to work tomorrow after all.

Although I did have an apocalyptic dream last night, so perhaps it was an omen of things to come.


No comments: