Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The 6-Day Work Week

Here I am, once again spending a Saturday in the office. It's almost 4pm, and it looks like I'm going to stick around for a couple hours at least.

I'm knackered. I do love my job though, and for that, I'm thankful. Also, I do love working in the office when I'm alone. There are no interruptions, and I can blast my music as loud as I want. Slightly different today though - Manager is here as well, and she got a temp girl (I used to work with her; DC from other Yard) to help out on Saturday afternoons, at least for a couple weeks. They're doing the filing, and helping to clear the backlog that was left behind by the previous girl. As much as it irks me to not be overseeing the filing of the documents, it's a huge relief to know that it's getting done. It was really overwhelming to know that I had to clear so much, and unfortunately for the world, there's only one of me.

Also, I do love the word 'oversee'. It isn't synonymous with 'overlook', 'oversight' and 'overview'.
English makes no sense whatsoever, but I do love it so.

Alright then. Time to utter those three dreaded words: Back to work.

No comments: