Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Brand's Essence of Chicken

Things have been really hectic lately, so Dad's been reminding me to take a BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken every day. Not a problem to me; I love the stuff!

But, first things first...ever notice how "essence of chicken" is always preceded by "BRAND'S®"? I've never even tried the other brands of essence of chicken, and I think there are several out there. But we never ever say "_____ essence of chicken". It's always "BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken".

Essence of Chicken = BRAND'S®.

Yesterday, I tried another product - the Innershine® Berry Essence.
I do not doubt the benefits of drinking it. What I do know, though, is that it felt like I was drinking undiluted cordial. That's right. Sweet, syrupy, concentrated cordial. My dad loves it. I said he can have it; I'm having none of it.

Today, I forgot to take my bottle from my sister's bedside, so when I went down to Mum's ward, Dad grabbed one from Mum's bedside for me.
Thing is, it was the one with Cordyceps. Now, cordyceps is good for you. It boosts energy levels. World record-breaking athletes were taking cordyceps.

It does not taste right. Perhaps it's purely psychological, but I just didn't like it much.

Which brings me to a simple conclusion, one that is mathematically proven.

If Essence of Chicken = BRAND'S®, then BRAND'S® = Essence of Chicken.


Man, I love the stuff. Shame it's not exactly cheap. I love the stuff!

It reminds me of Bovril. I like Bovril too. :)

No comments: