Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tutoring is taking over my life

Today was just a lovely day.

No work came in, simply because the people who would be sending in the documents are on leave for CNY, and I had plenty of time to catch up on some of my filing. There is a whole lot more to do though, and I only have less than two weeks to complete it all. Time for some overtime, I suppose.

Tutored Kay after work. She and her brothers are simply terrific. And I got lucky too, when it comes to getting students with decent parents. Too often, I've met parents who expect too much, push their children so much, and expect miracles from me. Let me tell you one things: if your child is failing a class in August, there's no way he/she is going to be scoring As by October, unless he/she is a genius and had previously put in zero effort. And uh...no, 'genius' isn't the word I'd use to describe your child.

Anyway, two tutoring assignments now, so that's going to keep me a little busy. But I'm loving every moment.


Happy moments of today:
- drawing a picture with Kay and co. after our lesson

- having Kay actually be interested in her lesson

- Kay's grandmum sitting down with me and telling me that she likes the way I teach Kay, and that Kay enjoys and looks forward to my lessons

- Watching American Idol. Parts of it, anyway. It's one of my guilty pleasures; I know it's mindless, it sometimes annoys me, but I love it anyway.


Today's Thanksgiving:
I am thankful that both my tutoring assignments are with great children, and decent parents.

And tutoring isn't really taking over my life. But it forms an important part of my life, and I'm glad I'm happy with my assignments.

No comments: