Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happiness is seeing your loved ones smile

Yet another rather uneventful day at the office. I heard yesterday that my colleague will be leaving in a few months; she wants to focus on her studies. I'm glad for her, and I support her decision, but the selfish part of me wishes she didn't have to go. I like having her as a colleague, and she's lovely. Getting to know someone new, and learn to work with them...well, that'll be a challenge. One I'm going to rise to. Mostly because I have to, but also because I want to.

I walked home today. Not from the office, but from the bus interchange. I got in line for the bus, and then decided to leg it instead.

It's a good...hmm. About 2 and a half km, I think. Maybe 3. I've never been the best at gauging distance, and I don't really feel like faffing about with maps to figure it out just yet.

But yes, I walked home, listening to happy music on my iPod. I really do enjoy that walk. Takes me about half an hour, depending on how fast I walk. Today I wasn't in my trainers, so it took me about 35 minutes. It's so peaceful to just walk home, instead of taking the bus, even if it does take longer and leaves me a little sweatier.


And I just got to thinking...I love walking so much; I walk home as often as my shoes allow me to.

So today I am thankful that I can walk. That I'm mobile and independent. I would be extremely frustrated if I couldn't move around on my own.

Acknowledging that makes me more compassionate towards those who depend on others to move around. I love being able to do what I want, to go where I want to, and I thank God for granting me with the ability to do so.


Today's happy moments (to name a few):
- Baby Nate leaning towards me, wanting a kiss

- Going for a walk with younger sis, just strolling about

- Listening to younger sis laugh

- Making Baby Nate laugh

- Making younger sis laugh

- Hot shower

- Talking to Timmy's alter ego, and making him smile. He has a great smile.


I like it when I go to bed happy, and I've gone to bed happy almost every night this year.

I'm still in love with life.

No comments: