Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

2018...so far so good.

Wow, would you look at that. A third of the year has just gone by... Where was I when this was happening? ...oh right, I've been busy. So here it is, first (and hopefully not only) post of the year.

Moved in to my new place in January, and I must admit, I've been loving it. My own space, to do my own thing, in my own time... it's delightfully indulgent! I still have a bit to do with the place, but it's all minor things, really. All the major stuff has been done. Someone commented that it doesn't look like a new place, in that it looks so homely and lived in. Pretty much everyone who's come over has said that it's really cosy. Which is pretty much what I was going for, so yay, success!

It's pretty terrific to be able to just loll about if I want, or engage in a bit of midnight baking if I so wish, without getting in anyone's way (or anyone getting in mine!) I've baked a fair bit since I've moved in, I've hosted several parties, I've had friends over a few times...I've discovered that I quite like having people over, and that much of my entertaining skills I've been fairly good with the regular housework, I've been prompt with the bills. Oh my goodness, will you look at that. Somehow or other when I wasn't paying attention, I turned into an adult!

But no worries, I'm still me. I still stay up way too late; I sleep in all the time; I spend way too much money on vices and not enough on proper groceries; I still think a pint of Ben & Jerry's is an acceptable dinner... Toys R Us might be going out of business, but I'm still not gonna grow up.

Work's been ramping up lately, and it's only going to get busier. I'm both dreading and looking forward to it! At least I'm getting a wee bit more support than I used to. Although, with more support sometimes also comes more work...

Lots more on my plate coming up... I have another 10K run scheduled in about three weeks. How is my training going, you ask? Dude, I haven't even started. I'm still me, remember?

That said, I have been walking a lot more lately, and cabbing a lot less. And I almost always walk up the stairs to my place instead of taking the lift. So...that's sorta keeping fit?

So yea, 2018's been pretty kind to me so far. I miss Babygirl tremendously, but I still see her at least once a week. She's such a sweetheart, honestly. She celebrated her birthday last Saturday, and we had a lovely party for her. As always, Mum really astounded us all with the feast she whipped up.

Well, that's it for now - breaktime's over, back to work it is for me.


Til next time, kids...be good!




No comments: