Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sláinte!



I made several concessions to St. Patrick's Day yesterday...
- I wore a green t-shirt to work
- I wore a green top, green earrings, green bangles and green sandals
- I had a pint of Guinness.

Met up with Misstsy at Timbre, where we just had dinner and a glass of wine. Neither of us were feeling up to doing anything big; she's at the tail end of a cold, and I'm just getting old. And I'd been at work all day. And I'm getting too old for shite like getting wasted just because someone declared a day of drinking in honour of the Irish.

We made our way to Molly Malone's after dinner, and it was just overflowing with people, as I'd expected. Decided to have coffee at TCC first; we needed airconditioning, and Misstsy needed a tea to sooth her throat. Still making concessions for the day, Misstsy had a green tea, and I had a cold Baileys coffee concoction, which was just lovely. And THEN we had our requisite Guinness at Molly's.

All in all, that's more than I've done for St. Patrick's Day in years, so I'm happy.
Next year, I might round up the girls and do the Party Bus. Because...well, why not?

Got home at about 3am, and by the time I was done chatting with Mum and showering, it was well past 4. Good thing today's Lazy Sunday!

No comments: