Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

View From The Top



After being so determined that I'll never go on the Singapore Flyer...I went on the Singapore Flyer on Sunday. Only reason was that it was with the family! And BIL!Mike had a pass for 5 people, and Sis!S had cheap tickets for the rest of us. All 13 of us went, excluding my niece Nix, as she had a class to attend.

So there we were, making our way to, in the words of nephew Neal, the Giant Ferris Wheel. How would I describe my first (and mostly likely only) flyer experience?

In a word: Boring.

I mean, seriously, we're all stuck in a capsule, right? And it's going round ever so slowly, and we can't do anything while we're up there, and it's BORING. It was only enjoyable because of the family.

I think the ones who had the most fun were my two older nephews. When they weren't fascinated by the view, they were busy monkeying around.

Neal & Shay

After we were finally back on terra firma, we did what any self-respecting Singaporean would have done. We went fooding at the Food Trail, of course! It really did bring back so many memories, more so for my parents and grandmum, of course. The food was a little pricier than it would have been elsewhere, but oh so nommy!

There was so much food on our table! My favourite dishes were the rojak, or luak, and ice ball, washed down with a refreshing bird's nest drink. Oh, and the ting ting candy too!

Hmm, now I'm having a candy craving.

No comments: