Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Science for Hungry People

My very first sugee cake has been declared a success!

Here it is!



From making the batter, to pouring the batter into the cake tin, to preparing the marzipan and putting it on the cake (not shown; I totally forgot to take a pic!) to slathering the frosting on....to the final product in the box.

I'm quite proud of it, if I may say so myself. I'm glad it turned out well.

This one was made for Shoes and her family. I'm making another one this weekend, for my family. I'm looking forward to the long 5-day process. No, really! There's something so exciting about taking a bunch of ingredients, and combining them to make something beautiful and delicious.

I'll have to depend on others to taste test though. I want to have my cake, and eat it too! But...no cake for me this year. At least sugee cake keeps well; I'll have a taste next year. :D







ETA on 17 Dec: Shoes texted me this morning, to let me know that she's put a portion into the freezer for me, for when I can eat cake again. Woot!

No comments: