Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Baking Day....is almost over.

So.

Sugee cake is baked and cooled and ready for icing.
Rock buns are baked and cooled and reading for putting into tupperwares.
Mum has done her pineapple tarts, and will be making more this week.
Mum's also finished her mince pies.
My experimental stollen is in the oven. I will of course let you know how that turns out.

Shame about this diet I'm on though. I'm not taste testing anything; I'm relying on Mum for that.

Speaking of Mum, she's hilarious.

Conversation between us went as follows:
Me: Give me a hand with the marzipan later?
Mum: Sure. Are you icing the top and bottom?
Me:...No, Mum. I'm icing the top and sides.

Mum and I laughed ourselves silly over that for a good five minutes.

About half an hour later, I'm turning the rock buns out onto a baking sheet. Some of them are upside down, so I'm turning them right side up. I repeat, I'm turning them right side up.
This little exchange ensues:

Mum: Why are you turning the rock buns upside down?
*Mum takes a sip of coffee*
Me: So I can ice the bottoms.
*Mum spits coffee in my face and dies laughing*
*I'm glad coffee is cold and dies laughing*

A good laugh later, Mum says, "How stupid of you. You don't ice rock buns."


Anyone who's not sure where I get my weird sense of humour only has to talk to Mum to figure that one out.


120 rock buns. Without icing.

No comments: