Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Good food, good wine, good friends...good life!

I met Tenten for dinner, and she introduced me to a lovely little place. Miss Clarity Cafe really is such a happy little place down on Purvis Street. Apparently it's been around for years, and this is the first I've heard of it!

Anyway. I had the chicken paella, and it was simply yums! It was served piping hot, and they did not skimp on the chicken! Tenten did warn me of the generous portions, and she was right. As much as I loved it, I couldn't finish every last bit of it, and was stuffed. Of course, not too stuffed for dessert! We split a "Mud Ooz" - of course, when I say 'split', I mean that she had about 3 spoons of it and I had the rest. This dessert was "oozing with 100% Varlhona chocolate, topped with vanilla ice-cream" (description taken directly from their menu). Their description did not do this wonderful concoction justice. No description could possibly do it justice! It was served in a small little teacup, and chocolate monster that I am, I wondered how anyone could think that such a tiny little bit was enough. It was enough. Rich and warm and chocolatey and pure bliss.

Verdict: It's out of my way, but will go again.

Walked to the Esplanade after to catch the bus, and decided to give Bella a call to see if she was around. And wahey, she was! Had a glass of wine while we chatted, and both company and wine made me very happy indeed. I never quite realise how much I've missed her until I get a chance to properly hang out with her. I shall call for the Girls to convene once again. It's been far too long since all of us have been out together.

What a great day. To sleep I go, with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

No comments: