Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mid-Year Mark

How time simply flies. Half a year has come and gone, and here we are entering the second half of 2009.

Have I accomplished all that I'd set out to do? Absolutely not.

Have I achieved more that I'd ever dreamed possible? Without a shadow of a doubt.

I've amazed myself and those around me with my strength, my courage and my responsibility. I don't quite like the analogy of a woman and a teabag...but there's truth in it. I never knew how strong I am, until I found myself in hot water.

So to speak.

I look at myself in the mirror, and I find myself liking who I am, more and more each day. I used to want people to be proud of me. Don't get me wrong, I still do. I want the people I love to be proud of me. But now, NOW I am finally proud of myself.

I daresay there's a link. I was never truly able to be proud of who and what I am, until I started loving me for who and what I am.

I look around, and no matter where my gaze falls, I see something to be grateful for.

Oh no, I'm not all sunshine and flowers. I have my dark moments. But more and more, I'm learning to deal with them. And there are those who stand by me during these dark moments, and their unwavering faith in me helps me through.

It's already July! I still have SO much I want to do, and time is just slipping through my fingers. I don't overly mind though; I'm savouring every moment.

No comments: