Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's fun to run!

I started running again on Monday, after a LONG time of not running.
Monday night, I barely made it 2 kilometres. I think I ran less than 1k before running out of steam. Of course, it didn't help that I wasn't hydrated well, and I was awfully hungry. Ached a bit yesterday, but I didn't feel good about it.

Last night, I had a cup of tea and a bit of bread about an hour before I started running, and that might have helped. I ran 3.5km, no problem! Oh alright, it wasn't a full on run, more of a jog-run. But I felt really good after!

I'm aching today, especially my thighs, but it's the kind of ache that feels good.

Going for a run again tonight. Will prolly run 3.5 km again, possibly more if I feel up for it. Tomorrow is rest day, mostly because I'm tutoring and won't get home until about half 9.

I think it's pretty good, that I haven't been running in so long (about 2 years?!), but still found it easy to hit 3.5k.

I just want to keep at it; I tend to be very motivated upon first beginning a project, then I slowly peter out. I suppose if I chart my progress, that would keep me going.

Yes, I shall do that.

My ultimate goal? Run a marathon, of course!

No comments: