Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Here's to a happy and prosperous Year of the Ox!

~~

What a lovely day. I got to sleep in, and managed to do a few chores. Mum called me in the evening and said they were coming home to drop off groceries, and they're going to Starbucks, asked if I wanted to go along.

So I did. Chai tea latte is love. (Although I still say the chai tea latte at The Coffee Bean is way better.) I do quite like their blueberry muffin, but I know I can make better ones. Since I haven't felt like baking muffins, I'm just sticking to Starbucks muffins.

It was such a pleasure being at JP! For the first time ever, I was actually relaxed. Why? Because everyone was home for their reunion dinner, that's why! JP was soo empty! We got a great table at Starbucks, took our time without people hovering over us hoping to get our table. It was lovely! Of course, we couldn't get any shopping done as most shops were closed...but hey, I'll forgo shopping if I can chill out at JP Starbucks without having to negotiate the swarms!

Of course, it wouldn't be good if JP is always that empty. As wonderful as it is to wander around without getting elbowed or having to dodge people...well, an empty shopping mall just means that the economy really has gone under. Go on people, go out there and shop! I can't boost the economy single-handed!

Anyway, on the way home after Starbucks, Bro decided he wanted a McD's sundae. So we swung by McD's; Bro and I went in, and got double cheeseburgers and sundaes all round.

That reminds me! My sundae's still in the freezer!


Today's thanksgiving:
I am thankful that the economy is still holding strong. Ok, it's holding on. As much as people complain about the government, at least they're going to make sure we survive the recession. (Ha, how's that for being brainwashed?!)


Today's happy moments:
- Having the first season of Drake & Josh come in. I used to watch it on Nickelodeon all the time, before we cancelled that channel.*

- Watching the entire first season of D&J. Oh, the memories!

- Hanging out at Starbucks with the family, drinking my chai tea latte

- Double cheeseburger!

- Remembering that my sundae is still in the freezer.
(predicted happy moment: actually eating that sundae)

- Mum coming into my room because Sis and I were making loads of noise while playing, despite it being bedtime for Sis.



Best part of it all? The weekend's not over yet! Wahey!


* Why? Why did we cancel Nickelodeon! The best shows were on Nick! Including but not limited to: The Secret World of Alex Mack, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Rugrats, and best of all, Blue's Clues, with Steve and Blue and the Handy Dandy Notebook!

No comments: