Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

3-in-1 Update

Monday 26 Jan 2009
Happy moments:
- Waking up to find that Season 2 and 3 were both in

- sisters, BILs and kids coming over

- playing computer games with niece and nephew1

- Lo hei! (So what if we're not Chinese?!)

- The FOOD: prawn roll crackers, bak kwa, kueh lapis, sago pudding, bubur hitam, yusheng, peking duck...okokok no more talk of food; I'm hungry!


I am thankful that I grew up in a multi-cultural society, in which I've learnt about other cultures and traditions. Years ago, I experienced culture shock, in that I realised that not everyone understood and accepted people of other races and religions. As schoolchildren, we got to go on excursions to Chinatown, Little India, Geylang Serai, as well as places of worship (and historical value) like Sri Mariamman Temple and Sultan Mosque.

And it gives us a great excuse to participate in fun traditions such as lo hei. :D


Tuesday 27 Jan 2009
Happy moments:
- sleeping in

- staying in bed all afternoon watching D&J

- nasi briyani for dinner!

- finally eating the McD's sundae that I bought on Sunday.


I am thankful for my brother. He's eight years younger than me, but he's a friend and a confidant like no other.


Wednesday 28 Jan 2009
Happy moments:
- going back to work after a long weekend, feeling like it was Monday, then seeing Bunny's post about how it was a Wednesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday-but-is-actually-a-Wednesday-which-means-it's-three-more-days-to-the-weekend

- rediscovering the love that is Edward Monkton (thanks to Bunny)

- shopping. Yes, money might not buy happiness, but retail therapy sure is fun!

- discovering a Cotton On outlet.

- new tutoring assignment with a 6-I'm-turning-7 year old boy who's just full of mischief

- discovering that kid's mum is pretty decent too


I am thankful that I still have my passion for children, and for teaching children.
Tutoring gives me the opportunity to still teach, give individual attention and reap the rewards of teaching...without the BS that comes with working in a school.
Oh, and extra cash as well. ;)

No comments: